AUDITION CLOSED for Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat
Lyrics by Tim Rice
Music by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Director: Darryl Spijkers
Musical Director: Jon-Paul Ruschenbaum
Choreographer: Sumé Lötter-Christodoulou
Production Manager and Costume Designer: Heather Ferguson
Audition Dates & Times:
Sunday, 5th May 2019
• Dancers audition: from 12:30pm
• Children’s Choir audition: from 1:15pm
• Ensemble audition: from 2:45pm
• Principal Roles audition from 3:45pm
The Playhouse Threate Somerset West
Tuesday, 14th May 2019 from 6pm at the Playhouse Theatre – please diarise in case you are asked to attend a callback audition.
Contact us on email@example.com for an application form and to book an audition slot.
Provide your name, age and role that you would like to audition for.
We are a community theatrical company, please note that there is no remuneration for involvement in the production.
• Please come prepared and wearing clothing that you can move in
• Note ALL conflicts for rehearsals and performances on your application form and bring along to your audition. Rehearsal period: JULY– NOVEMBER 2019 and the show period: NOVEMBER – DECEMBER 2019
• Note that the last show could be as late as 22 December 2019
Sha la la Joseph you’re doing fine! You and your dreamcoat ahead of your time! One of the most enduring shows of all time; Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is a reimagining of the Biblical story of Joseph, his father Jacob, eleven brothers and the coat of many colours.
Told entirely through song, with the help of a Narrator, the musical follows preferred son Joseph and his journey. After being sold into slavery by his brothers, he ingratiates himself with Egyptian noble Potiphar but ends up in jail after refusing the amorous advances of the Potiphar’s wife. While imprisoned, Joseph discovers his ability to interpret dreams, and he soon finds himself in front of the mighty but troubled Elvis-inspired, Pharaoh. Joseph’s solution to Egypt’s famine elevates him to Pharaoh’s right hand man and reunites him with his family.
This magical musical is full of catchy songs of a variety of styles; from a parody of French ballads (“Those Canaan Days”), to country-western (“One More Angel in Heaven”) and calypso (“Benjamin Calypso”), along with the unforgettable classics “Any Dream Will Do” and “Close Every Door.”
• Jacob, Joseph’s Father
• Joseph’s Brothers:
• Mrs. Potiphar
Children’s Choir (age 7- 15): individuals and already established group choirs are invited to audition
Being involved doesn’t have to mean being on stage! We are looking for the following important roles to assist with our production:
• Stage Manager and Assistant Stage Manager
• Props Manager and props makers
• Set Designer and builders
• Make-up Designer
• General Assistants
• Fly Gallery Operators
• Technicians & Operators: Sound (effects and mics), Lights, Follow-spot
Crew members should send their motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org